Technical SEO involves optimizing a website's technical aspects to improve its search engine visibility and make it easier for search engine crawlers to index and understand the site's content. Unlike on-page and off-page SEO, technical SEO deals specifically with the infrastructure of a website and how search engines interact with it.
What is included in this service:
- Crawlability: Ensuring search engine crawlers can access and index website pages easily. This involves creating a sitemap, using robots.txt to control crawler access, and fixing crawl errors.
- Site Structure and Hierarchy: Organizing website content logically with a clear hierarchy, making it easy for users and search engines to navigate. This includes optimizing internal linking and URL structure.
- Website Speed and Performance: Improving page loading times by optimizing images, reducing server response time, leveraging browser caching, and employing content delivery networks (CDNs) to enhance user experience and search engine rankings.
- Mobile Responsiveness: Ensuring that the website is mobile-friendly and provides a seamless experience across different devices, as mobile usability is a crucial factor in search engine rankings.
- Indexing and Canonicalization: Implementing proper canonical tags to prevent duplicate content issues and ensuring search engines index the preferred version of a page.
- Structured Data Markup: Adding structured data (such as Schema.org markup) to provide search engines with additional context about the content on a website, which can lead to rich snippets in search results.
- HTTPS and Security: Ensuring the website is secure by implementing HTTPS encryption, which not only protects user data but is also a ranking factor in search engines.
- Fixing Technical Issues: Identifying and resolving technical issues like broken links, 404 errors, server errors, and other crawl errors that might negatively impact the website's performance and indexing.
Technical SEO focuses on the backend and foundational elements of a website, aiming to improve its infrastructure, usability, and accessibility for both users and search engine crawlers. It plays a critical role in overall SEO strategy by creating a solid foundation for successful online visibility and ranking in search engine results.